The Nickerson Paving Project is beginning 17 consecutive days of work, making improvements between 15th Ave W and 14th Ave W. To strengthen the road base and repave this principal arterial and major truck route/transit street, the interchange at W Nickerson St and 15th Ave W must be closed October 5 – 22.
To help clarify alternative routes during this time, we’ve made the following maps. Also, see below for updated work hours. Note, the work is weather dependent, so timing may change. If you have questions, please contact us at NickersonPaving@Seattle.gov or 206-256-5252.
What you can expect:
W Nickerson St/15th Ave W interchange closed for repair and repaving.
Updated hours |
- Closed 24/7: Friday, October 5 at 9 AM through Monday, October 22, at 5 AM
- Expect construction noise/dust during work hours:
- Friday, Oct. 5 | 9 AM – 10 PM
- Saturdays & Sundays | 7 AM – 9 PM
- Weekdays after Oct. 5 | 7 AM – 10 PM
Closed movements* |
A. NB 15th Ave W to EB W Nickerson St (Movement A open Monday – Thursday)
B. WB W Nickerson St to W Emerson Pl Overpass
C. EB W Emerson Pl to NB 15th Ave W (Movement C open Monday – Thursday)
D. WB W Nickerson St to NB 15th Ave W
E. EB W Emerson Pl to EB W Nickerson St (weekends only) (Movement E open Monday – Thursday)
- Bus Routes 29 & 31 – Rerouted from W Nickerson St to 14th Ave W; and W Dravus St, intermittently. Please check with King County Metro for more information regarding altered bus routes. Street parking on 14th Ave W around work area suspended during the October 5 – 22 closure.
- *Drivers – A – E closed movements detour maps below (click maps for larger version); detour text descriptions on the project website.
A. NB 15th Ave W to EB W Nickerson St closure detours:
B. WB W Nickerson St to W Emerson Pl Overpass closure detour:
C. EB W Emerson Pl to NB 15th Ave W closure detour:
D. WB W Nickerson St to NB 15th Ave W closure detour:
E. EB W Emerson Pl to EB W Nickerson St closure (weekends only) detours:
Thank you for your patience during this paving and pedestrian improvement work!