SDOT advises travelers in the Chinatown/International District that crews will close 5th Ave S to through traffic between S Jackson St and S Dearborn St for paving work on Saturday, July 30. This work is weather dependent.
Between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 30, travelers can expect the following:
- 5th Ave S will be closed to through traffic between S Jackson St and S Dearborn St
- Signed detours will be available
- Only Metro buses will be allowed on 5th Ave S through the work zone which will be restricted to one lane at S King St
- No parking will be allowed in the work zone
- Flaggers and police officers will assist with traffic flow
- 5th Ave S expected to be reopened to traffic by 1 p.m.
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.