North Seattle Neighborhood Greenway progress continues, with the installation of new curb ramps and other crossing improvements on the east side of the street at the 3rd Ave NW and N 92nd St intersection: 3rd Ave NW is closed northbound with a detour via Greenwood Ave N until construction is complete in January 2019, weather permitting.
What you can expect:
3rd Ave NW and N 92nd St – Installation of curb ramp improvements, crosswalks, and a new crossing beacon on the east side of the street.
Weekdays | 7 AM – 4 PM
- Local access only for northbound travelers on 3rd Ave NW between NW 85th St and NW 92nd St through January 2019.
- NB traffic on 3rd Ave NW will be rerouted to Greenwood Ave N. We recommend using NW 85th St to reach Greenwood Ave N (see map).
- Those walking will be redirected around the work zone, with a flagger available to assist during work hours.
- SB traffic on 3rd Ave NW from NW 95th St to NW 90th St will be maintained throughout construction.
- Temporary on-street parking restrictions, with “no park” signs placed in advance.
- Typical construction equipment, materials, noise, dust, and activity in the work area.
The North Seattle Neighborhood Greenway will connect with the planned Northgate Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge at N 100th St, which crosses I-5 and connects to the future Northgate Link light rail station, bringing people to popular destinations including parks, schools, business districts, other greenways, and transit hubs.
Thank you for your patience as we work to complete this new neighborhood greenway!