Construction is in full swing for the S Columbian Way / S Alaska St project, as crews complete drainage and pedestrian improvements work. This weekend the team will demolish old and pour new concrete on the roadway. Paving work is expected to begin in the spring.
What you can expect:
Crews working at the intersection of Beacon Ave S and S Columbian Way.
October 19 – 22 | 7 PM Fri – 7 AM Mon
- S Columbian Way at Beacon Ave S (per detour map above)
- Lane reductions/shifts on Beacon Ave S, S Ferdinand St to S Alaska St/Cheasty Blvd S
- Right-turn lane from SB Beacon Ave S to WB S Columbian Way.
- Beacon Ave S traffic consolidated an W side of the median
- S Columbian Way E/W traffic will be rerouted onto 24th Ave S; S Ferdinand St; and Columbia Dr S.
- R turns from Beacon Ave S to S Columbian Way WB will be rerouted to R turn around traffic island.
- Beacon Ave S will have one lane open in each direction.
- Intersection traffic signal will be deactivated during work.
- Flaggers will help direct traffic.
- No parking along designated detour routes.
We appreciate your patience during this work!