Seattle Transit Advisory Board seeks new members…
The Transit Advisory Board (TAB) is accepting applications for new members to help advise Seattle on matters related to transit and other forms of public transportation. The volunteer board plays an influential role in ensuring a functioning and coordinated transit system, citywide!
The board, created by Seattle City Council in 2015, advises the Mayor and City Council on planning, project development, and policies. They make recommendations to all city departments including the Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT).
Current members represent all types of travelers of public transportation and people passionate about transit!
Board members serve a two-year term, with opportunities for re-appointment, meeting monthly on the fourth Wednesday, 6 – 8 PM at Seattle City Hall.
TAB members shall be representatives of any of the following:
- Different geographical locations citywide
- A variety of transit rider groups including persons with disabilities, senior and school age community members, commuters, and low-income riders
- Travelers of different public transportation modes (e.g. bus, light rail, streetcar, and ferry)
- Residents with an interest in improving transit conditions within the City and region, and have experience with urban transit issues
- Transit-related organizations and clubs
- Schools, business, and neighborhood organizations that depend on our public transportation system
We’re committed to promoting diversity in the City’s boards and commissions. People of color, immigrants or refugees, youth, seniors, persons with disabilities, and sexual and gender minorities are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please submit a statement of interest (cover letter) and resume (or equivalent information) by Monday, September 24, 2018!
Email: TransitBoard@seattle.gov | subject line: “TAB Recruitment”
ATTN: TAB Recruitment
Seattle Department of Transportation
P.O Box 34966
Seattle, Washington 98124-4996
Seattle Department of Transportation’s mission is to deliver a high-quality transportation system for Seattle.