Work on the Arbor Heights Safe Routes to School project continues next week, as the team deals with a shortage of both concrete and the trucks required to transport it.
This week the team:
- Poured concrete on all driveways along west side of 35th Ave SW (SW 100th – SW 106th)
- Built most of the ADA curb ramps on 35th Ave SW (SW 100th – SW 104th)
- Began pouring concrete to complete curb bulbs
Next week crews are scheduled to:
- Complete asphalt paving on the east side of 35th Ave SW (SW 100th – SW 102nd & at SW 106th)
- Complete pouring concrete to finish ADA compliant curb ramps
- Install roadway markings on 35th Ave SW
- Pour concrete for sidewalks on west side of 35th Ave SW
What you can expect:
August 13-17 | 7 AM – 5 PM
- 35th Ave SW will be fully closed between SW 100th and SW 104th streets during work hours.
Tuesday, August 14 | 9 AM – 12 PM
- Residents on the east side of 35th Ave SW, SW 100th – SW 102nd – the asphalt work may impact your driveway access 8/14 for up to 1 hour, between 9 AM and 12 PM. Steel plates will be placed while asphalt hardens.
Note: 35th Ave SW will reopen at the end of each work day, and remains open during the weekend.
Thank you for your understanding as project work continues!