This weekend in Seattle.
Here’s what’s new or changed since our Monday This Week post.
SAT 7.7 | Adding to a very busy line-up, is a permitted Trump/Pence protest scheduled to start at 2 PM at Westlake Park. From 2:45 PM to 5PM the crowd (200+ expected) will march EB on Pine Street; SB on 5th Ave; WB on Madison St; NB on 1st Ave; EB on Pike St; and back to Westlake Park.
As a reminder, this Saturday in Seattle is BUSY:
- Mariners Sunglasses Day – 32,000 people expected;
- Seafair Pirates at Alki – estimated 3,000 attendees;
- Kenny Chesney @ CenturyLink – with 40,000 fans;
- Harry Styles at KeyArena – more than 10,000 peeps; and
- 1st of 2-day Seattle Street Food Fest– drawing 15,000.
Early Sunday SB I-5 reduction.
SUN 7.8 | SB I-5 will be reduced to 2 lanes from NE 45th St to SR 520 from 2AM – 10AM to continue Ship Canal Bridge deck repair work.
Repairing NB I-5.
THU 7.5 → SUN 7.8 | WSDOT contractor crews are replacing 37 expansion joints and large sections of concrete pavement on northbound I-5, between MLK Junior Way S in Tukwila and NE Ravenna Blvd in Seattle. Getting the work done requires:
- TONIGHT – Closing up to 3 lanes of NB I-5 overnight, between Interurban Ave and Olive Way, 8 PM – 5 AM, as well as closing Boeing Access Road; the NB off-ramp to Airport Way; and the Ravenna St on-ramp to NB I-5 .
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY – Closing up to 3 lanes of NB I-5 overnight, between the W Seattle Bridge and Olive Way, 9 PM – 5 AM.
This work is weather dependent.
Weeding out the Mercer median.
SUN 7.8 | Our landscape crews will be cutting back plantings and pulling out weeds from the median on Mercer, between 5th Ave N and Dexter Ave N. For safety, one inside lane in each direction will be closed between 7 AM and 3:30 PM, with adjustments as needed, to prevent unnecessary back-ups.
Additional landscape maintenance work along the pedestrian & bike pathways is on the docket as time allows.
Paving the way in NE Seattle.
MON 7.9 → Spring 2019 | In NE Seattle crews begin the University/Cowen paving project. The work at University Way NE & Cowen Place NE is expected to take 5 months to complete–with Seattle’s rainy season potentially pushing completion into spring 2019.
Expect temporary lane, crosswalk and sidewalk closures, weekdays 7 AM – 5 PM, between NE 50th St and 15 Ave NE.