SDOT is advising travelers of the following events and construction projects that may affect getting around the City this week.
- Update: The following WSDOT work has been postponed to March 9-12 (Original post: WSDOT will close the northbound I-5 exit to Madison St, Friday evening 2/23 to Monday morning 2/26).
- WSDOT will also close the Mercer St onramp to southbound I-5, Saturday overnight to Sunday morning.
- Seattle City Light will have lane closures on Fairview Ave N and Harrison St on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Seattle Home Show is at the CenturyLink Field Event Center through Sunday.
- SDOT will have a weekend closure of 6th Ave between Marion St and Madison St.
WEDNESDAY – SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21 – 25:
Seattle Home Show is at the CenturyLink Field Event Center. Show hours are 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays, and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends. Approximately 60,000 people are expected to attend over course of the show.
February 23 – 26: Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) crews will close the Northbound I-5 off-ramp (exit) to Madison St from 10 p.m. Friday, February 23 to 5 a.m. Monday, February 26. This work is weather dependent.
February 24 – 25: Seattle City Light will have lane closures at the intersection of Fairview Avenue N and Harrison Street.
- Saturday, Feb. 24, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. the following traffic restrictions will be in place.
- The northbound lane of Fairview Avenue N will be detoured at Harrison Street
- Southbound Fairview Avenue N will be reduced to one lane at Harrison Street
- Westbound Harrison Street will be detoured at Minor Avenue N
- Sunday, Feb. 25, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. the following traffic restrictions will be in place
- Fairview Avenue N between Republican and Thomas streets will be reduced to one lane in each direction
- From westbound Harrison Street to Fairview Avenue N the intersection will be right turn only
February 23 – 24: Private construction concrete work will close downtown streets near 3rd Ave and Lenora St and 7th Ave and Blanchard St.
February 24 – 25: WSDOT crews will close the Mercer Street on-ramp to southbound I-5 from 11:59 p.m. Saturday, February 24 to 7 a.m. Sunday February 25 (Saturday overnight to Sunday morning).
February 24 – March 3: SDOT will have closures of 6th Ave between Marion St and Madison St.
- 6th Ave will be closed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Saturday, February 24, and Sunday, February 25
- 6th Ave will be closed between Marion St and Madison St from Monday, February 26 – Friday, March 3 between the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Overnight work is planned from 7 p.m. Tuesday, February 27 through 5 a.m. Wednesday, February 28 to pour concrete for the pedestrian island at Marion St
- This work includes a closure of 6th Ave between Marion St and Madison St and a closure of the right lane of the I-5 southbound James St. off-ramp to Marion St.
- The bus stop at the SE corner of 6th Ave and Madison St will be temporarily relocated to Madison St east of 6th Ave from 4 a.m. Saturday, Feb 24, through 4 a.m. Monday, March 5. For complete information on changes to King County Metro routes and stops, please visit King County Metro’s website.