SDOT advises travelers that the northbound I-5 exit to Seneca St will be reduced to one lane during overnights from Monday night, February 12 through Friday morning, February 16. These closures will accommodate repair and construction of curb ramps for the 6th Ave Paving Project on the SW and two SE corners of 6th Ave and Seneca St. This work is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled if necessary.
From Monday night, February 12 to Friday morning, February 16, travelers can expect:
- Works hours are nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The northbound I-5 exit to Seneca St will be reduced to one lane nightly
- Increased noise should be expected for short time periods as concrete is removed; the loudest work is anticipated between 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Bus stops will remain open and accessible
- Access to businesses, hotels, and residences on 6th Ave will be maintained throughout construction
For more information on this project, please visit: https://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_6th.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 6thAvePaving@seattle.gov or (206) 727-3669. SDOT would like to that the public for its patience while this work is completed.