SDOT is advising travelers that all southbound lanes of Fairview Ave N between Mercer St and Republican St will be closed, and northbound Fairview Ave N will be reduced to one lane at the same location on Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, January 28 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for cement panel replacement by private construction contractor crews.
What to expect:
• Both southbound lanes of Fairview Ave N closed between Mercer St and Republican St (the adjacent west side sidewalk will be closed).
• One northbound lane and left turn lane of Fairview Ave N will be closed.
• The I-5 to Mercer St exit off-ramp two left turn lanes to southbound Fairview Ave N will be closed.
• There will be a detour for southbound travelers including those exiting I-5 intending to go southbound on Fairview Ave N.
o Go westbound on Mercer St and take left turn at Westlake Ave N for a southbound travel option.
• Detours are in place and KC Metro buses will be rerouted around closures.
• Uniformed Police officers will be directing traffic during construction.
• The Seattle Boat on South Lake Union will bring added crowds to South Lake Union, so please plan for the detours.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.