SDOT advises travelers that 3rd Ave will be reduced to a single lane of traffic in each direction near Bell St on Monday, December 4 and Tuesday, December 5. Crews will install the final paving features at 3rd Ave and Bell St as part of the 3rd Ave Belltown Paving Project. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, December 4 and Tuesday, December 5, travelers can expect:
- 3rd Ave will be reduced to a single lane in each direction near Bell St.
- Bell St will be closed to traffic between 2nd and 4th avenues. Local access will be maintained.
- King County Metro will reroute buses during this work. For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts
Through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5, travelers can also expect:
- Wall St will be reduced to a single westbound lane between 4th and 3rd avenues through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5, while crews work in the east side of the 3rd Ave and Wall St intersection.
For all work:
- A construction map will be available on the 3rd Ave Belltown Paving Project
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Uniformed police officers or flaggers will assist with traffic when crews are working.
- Vehicles travelling on 3rd Ave and Wall St may experience delays near the work zone.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone.
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.