SDOT advises travelers that crews will close the Battery Street Tunnel/State Route 99 in both directions for roadway paving above the tunnel on Friday night, November 10 to Saturday morning, November 11. Closure of the tunnel is required for grinding work before paving the roadway above the tunnel.
From 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 10 until 5 a.m. Saturday, November 11, travelers can expect:
- The Battery Street Tunnel will be closed to all traffic in both directions between Western Ave and John St
- Northbound SR 99 traffic will be required to exit at Western Ave
- Southbound SR 99 traffic will be required to exit at Denny Way
- Signed detour routes will be in place
- The tunnel will be reopened at 5 a.m. while paving above the tunnel is done through 8 a.m.
From 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 10 until 8 a.m. Saturday, November 11, travelers can expect:
- Aurora Ave will be closed to all traffic between 6th Ave and Denny Way (above the Battery Street Tunnel) for grinding and paving
- There will be No Parking in the work zone
- A signed detour will be in place
- King County Metro bus routes 5, 26, 28 and RapidRide E-Line will be impacted
- Bus Stop #6235 (behind the Pink Elephant Car wash) will be closed
- Please visit Metro’s Alerts & Updates page or call 206-553-3000 for additional bus stop information
- Sidewalk access will be maintained
- Police officers will be at the intersections of Aurora Ave/6th Ave, Aurora Ave/Denny Way, and 6th Ave/Denny Way to assist with traffic
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.