SDOT advises travelers that the repaving of 4th Ave S between S Spokane St and S Royal Brougham Way will begin Monday, August 14, and is expected to take approximately 6 months to complete. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays beginning Monday, August 14, travelers can expect:
Crews on 4th Ave S to be working from south to north beginning at S Spokane St and working north to S Royal Brougham Way.
- Work will be done during the week however some night and weekend work is expected and will be communicated in advance.
- Intermittent lane closures around the work zone. 4th Ave S will otherwise remain open throughout construction.
- On-street parking will be temporarily removed in the active work zone.
- Rough pavement after grinding and steel plates on the roadway.
- Construction-related noise, dust, vibration, and asphalt odor.
- Access to offices, businesses, and services will be maintained throughout construction.
- Sidewalks will remain accessible with occasional detours for people walking.
- Police officers or flaggers will assist with traffic flow and work zone safety.
- Emergency vehicles will be able to access the work zone.
- King County Metro bus stops will be temporarily shifted around work zones. For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts.
For more information on this project and to sign up for email updates, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_4s.htm. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 4thAveSPaving@seattle.gov or 206-727-3669. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.