SDOT is advising travelers that Blanchard St will be closed to traffic between 3rd and 4th avenues starting Thursday, June 22 through Monday, July 31 while crews perform excavation to repair sewer and storm drain, then repave the street. This work is weather-dependent.
From 6:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 22 through Monday, July 31 travelers can expect the following:
- Blanchard St will be closed to vehicle traffic between 3rd and 4th avenues.
- Local vehicle traffic can access the alley on Blanchard St between 3rd and 4th avenues.
- On-street parking will be maintained between the alley and 4th Ave.
- On-street parking will be restricted in the construction work zone, between the alley and 3rd Ave.
- Uniformed police officers or flaggers will be present to assist traffic flow when crews are working.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone.
- The work is expected to create construction-related noise and dust.
For more information please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at 3rdAvePaving@seattle.gov, (206) 920-7073, or text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts via text. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts.