SDOT advises travelers that Lenora St will be closed to traffic between 3rd and 4th avenues Thursday, June 15 through Sunday, June 18, for paving.
In addition, on Saturday, June 17, southbound traffic on 3rd Ave will be rerouted to 2nd Ave between Wall and Virginia Streets. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 6 a.m. on Thursday, June 15 to 7 a.m. on Monday, June 19, travelers can expect the following:
- Lenora St will be closed to vehicle traffic between 3rd and 4th avenues.
- Local traffic can access Lenora St but cannot cross 3rd Ave at Lenora St.
- Lenora St will be reduced to one lane between 2nd and 3rd avenues.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Police officers will assist with traffic control.
- Emergency vehicles will have access to the work zone.
- The work is expected to create construction noise and dust.
From 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 17, travelers can also expect the following:
- 3rd Ave will be closed to southbound traffic between Blanchard and Virginia streets. Traffic will be rerouted to 2nd Ave via Wall St, returning to 3rd Ave at Virginia St.
- Local traffic can access 3rd Ave between Wall and Blanchard streets.
- A single lane northbound lane on 3rd Ave will remain open during the work.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts.
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm. If you have questions or concerns, you can contact the construction outreach team at ThirdAvePaving@seattle.gov or (206) 920-7073. Text “3rdAvePaving” to 33222 to receive construction alerts.