SDOT advises travelers that 3rd Ave will be closed to southbound traffic from Blanchard and Virginia streets this weekend while crews install a storm drain and repave at the intersection of 3rd Ave and Lenora St. This work is weather-dependent and subject to change.
From 7 p.m. on Friday, May 19, to 4 a.m. on Monday, May 21, travelers can expect the following:
- 3rd Ave will be closed to southbound vehicles between Blanchard and Virginia streets.
- Through traffic will be rerouted to 2nd Ave via Wall St, returning to 3rd Ave at Virginia St.
- Local traffic can access 3rd Ave between Wall and Blanchard streets.
- A single northbound lane on 3rd Ave will remain open during this work.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted around the work zone.
- The northwest corner of 3rd Ave and Lenora St will be closed for the duration of the work.
- The southwest corner will be closed temporarily on Saturday for Seattle Public Utilities work.
- Emergency vehicles can access the work zone.
- The work is expected to create noise, dust, vibration, and concrete odor.
- King County Metro bus stops at 3rd Ave and Virginia St will remain closed through late July for repaving work. For information on changes to Metro routes, please visit http://kingcounty.gov/metro/alerts.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
For more information on this project, including a map of the detour route, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_3rd.htm.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the construction outreach team at ThirdAvePaving@seattle.gov or (206) 920-7073.