SDOT advises travelers in north Seattle that repair work that closed N 125th St between Aurora Avenue N and Stone Avenue N this week will require one more day of work next week, on Tuesday, August 23. N 125th St will be reopened from Friday, August 19 to Monday, August 22.
Starting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, August 23, until 8 a.m. on Wednesday, August 24, travelers can expect the following:
- N 125th St will be closed to through traffic between Aurora Ave N and Stone Ave N to repair failing asphalt.
- The cross walk at Aurora Ave N and N 125th St will also be closed and pedestrians will be routed around the work area.
- There will be detours in place:
- Eastbound drivers on N 125th St will head north on SR 99, east on N 130th St and south on Stone Ave N to get back to N 125th
- Westbound drivers will head north on Stone Ave N, west on N 130th St and south on Aurora Ave N down to N 125th
- Police officers will assist with pedestrians and traffic.
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.