SDOT advises travelers of construction that will restrict lanes on Rainier Ave S between Cornell Ave S and 75th Ave S next week. This work is weather dependent.
From at 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 12 through Friday July 15, travelers can expect the following:
- Crews will be grinding and paving Rainier Ave S between Cornell Ave S and 75th Ave S.
- One lane at a time of Rainier Ave S will be closed.
- The work will shift between the northbound and the southbound lanes during the week, but Rainier Ave S will remain open to through traffic, utilizing the center turn lane and the opposite through lane.
- There will be no parking in the project area on Rainier Ave S.
- Uniformed Police Officers will assist with traffic control and driveway access.
- Travelers on Rainier Ave S may access driveways but may have to wait up to 15 minutes for equipment to clear.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets.
For more information on this project, contact Michael Sharp with SDOT at Michael.Sharp2@seattle.gov or (206) 423-6698.