SDOT advises travelers of construction that will close Roosevelt Way NE between Ravenna Blvd NE and NE 53rd Street on Monday, July 11, for repaving.
Starting at 6:00 p.m. on Monday, July 11, travelers can expect the following:
- Roosevelt Way NE will be reduced to a single lane of traffic between Ravenna Blvd NE and NE 53rd St.
- At 8:00 p.m. Roosevelt Way NE will be completely closed to traffic.
- At 11:59 p.m. NE Ravenna Blvd will be fully closed to traffic at Roosevelt Way NE.
- Detour signs will be in place near the project area.
- One lane of Roosevelt Way NE will reopen by 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 12. Both lanes will reopen by 7 a.m.
- Should weather cause this work to be cancelled, it will be rescheduled for another night with the same hours outlined above.
This work is part of the Roosevelt Way NE Paving and Safety Improvements Project, which will repave Roosevelt Way NE between NE 65th St and the south end of the University Bridge. The construction area is divided into five work zones, with the requirement that work be largely complete in one zone before moving to the next. The exception is the University Bridge zone which will be completed simultaneously with work in another zone. The July 11 overnight paving is the last major piece of construction in the second work zone, at which point construction will move south to the zone on Roosevelt NE between NE 53rd St and NE 45th St.
This project also includes construction of a protected bike lane along the west side of Roosevelt Way, creation of in-lane bus stops to improve transit speed, installation of curb bulbs and pedestrian islands, upgrading of curb ramps to meet federal Americans with Disabilities Act requirements, and replacement of buckled sidewalks. The project began in mid-March and is expected to take 6 to 8 months to complete.
For more information on the Roosevelt Way NE Paving and Safety Improvements Project, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_roosevelt.htm.