SDOT advises travelers that crews will be paving 8th Avenue South between S Director Street and S Cambridge Street this week. This work is weather dependent.
From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, June 30 and Friday, July 1, travelers can expect the following:
- Crews will grind and repave 8th Ave S between S Director St and S Cambridge St.
- The southbound lane of 8th Ave S between S Director St and S Cambridge St will be closed.
- North-south traffic will alternate in the northbound lane, assisted by flaggers.
- Parking on 8th Ave S will be restricted – “No Parking” signs will be in place 72 hours before the work starts and parking restrictions begin.
- Access to and from driveways on 8th Ave S between S Director St and S Cambridge St may be delayed for up to 15 minutes for equipment to clear.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets.
For more information on this project, contact Michael Sharp with SDOT at Michael.Sharp2@seattle.gov or (206) 423-6698.