SDOT advises drivers that paving crews will be installing speed humps on Boyer Avenue East between 24th Avenue East and East Hamlin Street in the Montlake neighborhood this weekend.
Work will be done from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19:
- Boyer Ave E will be reduced to a one lane road between 24th Ave E and E Hamlin St.
- Traffic will alternate traveling north-south on Boyer Ave E, directed by flaggers.
- Two SDOT crews will be working at a time, in one direction at a time.
- SDOT crews will install speed humps at six locations on a portion of Boyer Ave E approximately 1.2 miles long:
- south of 22nd Ave E
- between 21st Ave E and 20th Ave E
- north of 18th Ave E
- south of E McGraw St
- south of the SR 520 overpass
- south of E Hamlin St
This project is part of SDOT’s 2016 Arterial Major Maintenance (AMM) program. The AMM program maintains our busiest streets by making strategic small scale investments at key locations on city streets.