SDOT advises travelers of upcoming daytime paving work and a partial closure of 26th Avenue Southwest between Southwest Roxbury Street and Southwest Cambridge Street. Crews will be reconstructing portions of older, thinner concrete pavement on 26th Ave SW that need repair due to heavy traffic loads.
From 7:00 a.m. on Monday, April 25, to 6:00 p.m. (Time correction from 6 a. m. to 6 p.m.) on Sunday, May 1, travelers can expect the following:
- The southbound direction of 26th Ave SW between SW Roxbury St and SW Cambridge St will be closed to general traffic.
- All southbound traffic, including Metro buses, will be detoured for the duration of the project.
- The northbound direction of 26th Ave SW will be open to traffic, including Metro buses.
- Local access will be available in the northbound direction only.
- There will be no parking in areas adjacent to the 26th Ave SW work zone.
- Uniformed Police Officers will be assisting during active construction periods.
SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
For information about bus service, look for Rider Alert notices at bus stops, visit Metro Online at www.kingcounty.gov/metro, or call 206-553-3000.