Drivers and mariners should plan ahead for a couple of major closures in Seattle’s Montlake neighborhood this weekend as Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews replace three large sections of the deck, or roadbed across Montlake Bridge.
6 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 27, to 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 28
- Montlake Bridge/State Route 513 will be closed to all vehicle traffic.
- Bicyclists and pedestrians will have access across Montlake Bridge.
- The westbound State Route 520 off-ramp to Montlake Boulevard East/SR 513 will be closed.
Drivers can access the Montlake neighborhood from the University Bridge, the eastbound SR 520 off-ramp to Montlake Boulevard, the Boylston Avenue/Roanoke Street exit from I-5 or the westbound SR 520 off-ramp to Lake Washington Boulevard.
Marine traffic alert
Marine traffic will be restricted to south single leaf openings from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Mariners must provide at least a one-hour notice. There will be no bridge openings from 6 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
In the Seattle area, drivers can get real-time traffic information on their phone with the WSDOT traffic app, by tracking the WSDOT traffic Twitter feed, and get advanced information from the What’s Happening Now page.
Hyperlinks within the release:
- WSDOT traffic app: wsdot.wa.gov/Inform/mobile.htm
- WSDOT traffic Twitter feed: com/wsdot_traffic
- What’s Happening Now page: wsdot.wa.gov/construction/pugetsound/today.htm