On Saturday morning, September 19, Sound Transit crews will remove the traffic barrier on the east side of Broadway and shift traffic between E. Howell Street and E. Denny Way into the center lane on Broadway. King County Metro crews will also be on site to realign the overhead trolley lines. Broadway will reopen late Sunday evening, September 20, with two lanes of traffic open in each direction.
What to expect:
- Work hours are from 4:30 a.m. Saturday, September 19 through 8:00 p.m. Sunday, September 20
- While the work is underway, Broadway will be reduced to a single lane in each direction between E. Howell Street and E. John Street.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained along the west side of Broadway throughout the closure
- A police officer and flaggers will be stationed at the intersection of E. Denny Way and Broadway to help direct traffic
- Intermittent noise as crews work to adjust the overhead trolley wires
Sidewalk improvements along the west side of Broadway will begin in the next few weeks. Pedestrians should look for signage and obey all detours. Access to businesses will be maintained at all times.