Washington State Department of Transportation
What do firework seekers, wooden boat enthusiasts and soccer fans have in common? They’ll all be heading to downtown Seattle this Fourth of July holiday weekend. Drivers should expect delays and are encouraged to leave early, combine trips, carpool or take transit as large crowds hit the road to get to several major events.
Drivers should also plan ahead for Interstate 5 ramp closures Saturday evening, July 4, for Seafair Seattle Fourth festivities. The I-5 express lanes will have extended northbound service into the morning of Sunday, July 5.
For those heading out of town to celebrate, you can use the Washington State Department of Transportation’s traffic volume charts to help time your travel on key routes.
Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival at Lake Union Park
- 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily Friday, July 3, to Sunday, July 5
Seattle Sounders FC vs. D.C. United at CenturyLink Field
- 8 p.m. Friday, July 3
Seafair Summer Fourth at Lake Union
- Noon to 11 p.m. Saturday, July 4
- I-5 ramp closures from 9 p.m. to the completion of the event’s fireworks show:
- Southbound I-5 off-ramp to Boylston Avenue East/East Roanoke Street
- Boylston Avenue East/East Roanoke Street on-ramp to southbound I-5
- Southbound I-5 exit-only lane and off-ramp to Mercer Street