Beginning Monday, April 6, SW Waite Street at SW Admiral Way will be closed to thru-traffic for five days to accommodate underground electrical work associated with the project to build a new signal at this intersection.
Crews will begin underground electrical work in preparation for the installation of a new signal at 47th Avenue SW and SW Admiral Way. SW Waite Street will be closed to thru-traffic for five days. This closure will be in place to allow crews to safely and efficiently perform underground electrical work in preparation for installation of the new signal. SDOT would like to thank the public for its patience while this work is completed.
To access SW Waite Street during this work:
• Local access will be permitted on SW Waite Street from the west, via 49th Avenue SW.
• For westbound travelers, a detour will be signed on SW Admiral Way directing travelers to continue on SW Admiral Way and access SW Waite Street from 49th Avenue SW.
This work is part of the 47th Avenue SW and SW Admiral Way Signal project to build a new traffic signal and crosswalks at this intersection. Construction began on March 10 and is anticipated to be complete this summer. During construction, residents, businesses and travelers can expect the following impacts:
• Adjacent corners will continue to be closed to pedestrians and bicyclists during work. People walking and biking will need to follow marked detours or find an alternate route.
• Construction activity from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Temporary parking and lane restrictions on 47th Avenue SW, SW Admiral Way and SW Waite Street.
• Noise, dust and vibration associated with concrete removal and paving.
Norm Mah, SDOT