SDOT is advising travelers of the following construction work within the Mercer Corridor Project Area that will impact traffic and cyclists:
Lane restrictions on westbound Mercer Street and southbound Fifth Avenue N, February 21
Crews will be on site to apply green paint to the new two-way bicycle path tomorrow, February 21 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Paint will be applied in two locations: on the north side of Mercer Street between Dexter Avenue N and Fifth Avenue N and on the west side of Fifth Avenue N between Mercer and Republican streets. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Westbound Mercer Street will be restricted to one lane between Dexter Avenue N and Fifth Avenue N.
- Southbound Fifth Avenue N will be restricted to one lane between Mercer and Republican streets.
- The bicycle path will be open for use by Sunday, February 22.
Bicycle route details and reminders once bike paths are open
- Southbound cyclists on Fifth Avenue N may merge into traffic or use the sidewalk to continue south of Republican Street.
- Northbound cyclists on Fifth Avenue N may cross Fifth Avenue N on the north side of Mercer Street to continue north on the Fifth Avenue N bike lane or east on the new Mercer bike path.
- Cyclists are reminded to yield to pedestrians at intersections and observe pedestrian signals when crossing streets.
- For more information about SDOT’s bicycle rules, please visit: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/bikecode.htm
Please note this work is weather-dependent and may be rescheduled in the case of inclement weather.