SDOT advises travelers of nighttime lane restrictions on Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue N beginning February 2.
Crews will complete electrical work this week on Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue N each night Monday through Friday between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Southbound Dexter Avenue N reduced to one lane between Roy and Mercer streets
- Westbound Mercer Street reduced to one lane between Ninth Avenue N and SR 99
- Eastbound Mercer Street reduced to two lanes between SR 99 and Ninth Avenue N
- Please plan ahead and expect traffic delays.
Full closure of westbound Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue N, February 6-9
As a reminder, a full closure of westbound Mercer Street between Ninth Avenue N and Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N between Roy and Mercer streets is scheduled for February 6-9. Crews will complete concrete pours and move traffic off of the temporary roadway along the south side of Mercer Street at Dexter Avenue N. This is a major milestone as the Mercer Corridor Project works toward substantial completion.
Beginning at 11 p.m. Friday, February 6 through 5 a.m. Monday, February 9th, westbound Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue N will be fully closed to traffic. Capacity will also be restricted on eastbound Mercer Street. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Westbound Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic between Ninth Avenue N and Fifth Avenue N. Travelers will be detoured onto Denny Way.
- Dexter Avenue N will be fully closed between Roy and Mercer streets. Travelers will be detoured onto Ninth Avenue N.
- Eastbound Mercer Street will also be restricted, but will have at least one lane open at all times.
- Access to businesses and residences on Taylor Avenue N will be maintained from Roy Street.
- Advanced signage will be posted to direct pedestrians around the work zones.
Please plan ahead and expect significant traffic delays. A weekend detour map and pedestrian detour map are posted on the Mercer Corridor Project website: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercer_maps.htm
Immediately following the completion of this work, the north sidewalk on Mercer Street will open between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N. The south sidewalk will close between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N.
Eastbound Mercer Street lane restrictions February 9-13
Following the weekend closure, one lane of eastbound Mercer Street will remain closed 24/7 as crews complete concrete paving activities February 9 – 13.
Please note that all work is weather dependent and may be cancelled and rescheduled for later dates if inclement weather occurs.