The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of the full closure of westbound Mercer Street between Ninth Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North, and Dexter Avenue North between Roy and Mercer streets. Crews will complete concrete pours and remove the temporary roadway along the south side of Mercer Street at Dexter. This is a major milestone as the Mercer Corridor Project works toward substantial completion.
Immediately following the completion of this work, the north sidewalk on Mercer Street will open between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North. The south sidewalk will close between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North.
Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Westbound Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic between Ninth Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North from 11 p.m. Friday, Feb. 6 through 5 a.m. Monday, Feb. 9. Travelers will be detoured onto Denny Way.
- Capacity will be restricted on eastbound Mercer Street; at least one eastbound lane will remain open.
- Dexter Avenue North will be fully closed between Roy and Mercer Streets. Travelers will be detoured onto Ninth Avenue North.
- Access to businesses and residences on Taylor Avenue North will be maintained from Roy Street.
- Advanced signage will be posted to direct pedestrians around the work zones.
Following the weekend closure, one lane of eastbound Mercer Street will remain closed as crews complete concrete paving activities Feb. 9 through Feb. 13.
Please note that work is weather-dependent and may be cancelled and rescheduled for later dates if inclement weather occurs.
Please plan ahead and expect significant traffic delays. A weekend detour map and new pedestrian detour map will be posted to the Mercer Corridor Project website as the closure date approaches: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercer_maps_detour.htm