The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of nighttime lane restrictions on Mercer Street and southbound Dexter Avenue North to accommodate electrical work.
Work will occur Monday, Jan. 5 through Jan. 8 from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning.
Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Westbound Mercer Street will be restricted to one lane between Ninth Avenue North and SR 99. One westbound will remain open at all times.
- One eastbound lane on Mercer Street will be closed between Ninth Avenue North and SR 99.
Two eastbound lanes will remain open at all times.
- Southbound Dexter Avenue North will be restricted to one lane between Roy and Mercer streets. One lane on southbound Dexter Avenue North will remain open at all times.
- Bicyclists on southbound Dexter Avenue North will be required to merge with vehicular traffic.
- Please plan ahead and expect traffic delays.
Reminder: Pedestrian routing
- Electrical and sidewalk work at the intersection of Fifth Avenue North and Harrison Street will continue through 2015. The north crosswalk is now open and the south crosswalk is closed.
Pedestrians are asked to follow the posted detour signs.
- Crews will be wrapping up sidewalk improvements at the northeast corner of Fifth Avenue North and Mercer Street and re-opening adjacent crosswalks as work progresses. Work will progress eastward and the crosswalk across Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue North will close as early as January 5.