The Seattle Department of Transportation reminds travelers of full roadway closures planned for Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North this weekend, and westbound Mercer Street lane restriction beginning Nov. 17.
Full closure at Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue N and Taylor Avenue N, November 14-17
Beginning this Friday, Nov. 14 at 11 p.m. through Monday, Nov. 17 at 5 a.m., crews will have full closures on Mercer Street, Fifth Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic between Dexter Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North.
- Fifth Avenue North will be fully closed between Republican and Roy streets.
- Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed between Roy and Mercer streets.
During the closure:
- Alternate routes during the closure may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercer_maps_detour.htm
- Detour routes will be posted and police officers will direct traffic through signalized intersections along the detour.
- Travelers heading to Queen Anne and Seattle Center from I-5 should use alternate routes through downtown or Denny Way to avoid the closure.
- Travelers heading to I-5 and SR 99 from Queen Anne should use Denny Way and alternate routes through downtown.
- Mercer Street between Queen Anne Avenue North and Fourth Avenue North will remain open for local access only, including to the Seattle Center Mercer Garage. Local access to businesses and properties will be maintained at all times.
- Access to businesses and residences on Taylor Avenue North will be maintained from Roy Street
- Advanced signage will be posted to direct pedestrians around the work zones.
Please note that work is weather-dependent and may be cancelled and rescheduled for later dates if inclement weather occurs.
Please plan ahead and expect significant traffic delays. Early warning signs will be available in advance of all detours and police officers will manage traffic at key intersections on the detour route.
Third eastbound lane on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Ninth Avenue N opens Monday, November 17
On Monday, Nov. 17, crews will open a third eastbound lane on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North. This new Mercer Street configuration will also include two new left turn lanes from westbound Mercer Street onto southbound Fifth Avenue North and is a major milestone as the project works to complete the West Phase. Please pay attention to street signs as travelers adjust to new traffic patterns.
Intermittent daytime lane restriction on westbound Mercer Street through 2014
Beginning Monday, Nov. 17, crews will begin improvements on the north sidewalk on Mercer Street This work will require single lane restrictions on westbound Mercer Street between Sixth Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through 2014.
More information about alternate routes during Mercer Corridor construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
If you have comments or questions about the Mercer Corridor Project, please contact us at:
Email: email@example.com 24-hour Construction Hotline: (206) 419-5818