The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor Project Area:
Lane restrictions on Dexter Avenue N between Roy and Republican streets October 26
On Sunday, October 26, from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m., capacity will be reduced on Dexter Avenue N for underground utility work and paving. During the closure, travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Northbound and southbound Dexter Avenue N between Roy and Republican streets will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- Southbound left turns from Dexter Avenue N to Mercer Street will be permitted.
- Bicyclists will be required to merge with vehicular traffic.
Pedestrian detours and lane restrictions at the intersection of Fifth Avenue N and Harrison Street, beginning Monday, October 27
Beginning Monday, October 27, and continuing for approximately three weeks, crews will be working on sidewalk and signal improvements at the intersection of Fifth Avenue N and Harrison Street. During this work, travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Fifth Avenue N between Republican and Broad streets will be restricted to one lane in each direction weekdays, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- The north, east, and south crosswalks at this intersection will be closed to pedestrians. The crosswalk on the west side of the intersection will remain open. Please follow pedestrian detour signage.
Reminder: Lane restrictions on Mercer Street and northbound Fifth Avenue N October 24-27
Beginning Friday, October 24, at 11:59 p.m. and continuing through Monday, October 27 at 5 a.m., lanes will be restricted on Mercer Street and Fifth Avenue N as crews pave a portion of the roadway. This work is a critical step towards adding an additional eastbound lane on Mercer Street, anticipated to open in late November. During the closure, travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Eastbound and westbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Dexter Avenue N and Taylor Avenue N.
- Northbound Fifth Avenue N will be reduced to one lane between Republican and Roy streets.
- Taylor Avenue N will remain southbound only at Mercer Street.
- During the weekend work, please pay attention to pedestrian detour routes and follow pedestrian signage.
- Please plan ahead and use alternate routes when possible.
Please note, work will occur throughout the weekend and may include nighttime construction activities which may be noisy in the surrounding area. Please call our 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818 if you have questions or concerns about noise. This work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled if inclement weather occurs.
Thank you for your patience as construction continues. More information about alternate routes during Mercer Corridor construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
Media inquiries should be directed to Richard Sheridan (SDOT) at 206-684-8540 or email@example.com.