The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor project area:
Nighttime lane restriction on westbound Mercer Street; Taylor Ave. N will be fully closed at Mercer Street, Oct. 22-23
Between Wednesday, Oct. 22, at 8 p.m. and continuing through Thursday, Oct. 23 at 5 a.m. both directions of Mercer Street will be reduced to a single lane between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North, and Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed at Mercer Street as crews perform saw cutting work. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Eastbound and westbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane between Dexter Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North.
- Turns to and from Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue North will be prohibited.
- Travelers from Queen Anne should use Fifth Avenue North to access Mercer Street.
- Local access to businesses on Taylor Avenue North between Mercer and Roy streets will be maintained from Roy Street.
- Please note: nighttime construction activities may be noisy in the surrounding area. Please call our 24-hour construction hotline at 206.419.5818 if you have questions or concerns about noise.
Lane restrictions on Mercer Street and northbound Fifth Avenue N, Oct. 24-27
Beginning Friday, Oct. 24, at 8 p.m. and continuing through Monday, Oct. 27 at 5 a.m., Mercer Street will again be reduced to one lane in each direction between Dexter Ave North and Fifth Avenue North. Also, northbound Fifth Avenue North will be reduced to one lane between Republican and Roy streets as crews pave a portion of the roadway. This work is a critical step towards adding an additional eastbound lane on Mercer Street, anticipated to open in late November. During the closure, travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Eastbound and westbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Dexter Avenue North and Taylor Avenue North.
- Northbound Fifth Avenue North will be reduced to one lane between Republican and Roy streets.
- Taylor Avenue North will remain southbound only at Mercer Street.
- Please note, work will occur throughout the weekend and may include nighttime construction activities which may be noisy in the surrounding area. Please call our 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818 if you have questions or concerns about noise.
- Please plan ahead and use alternate routes when possible.
- This work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled if inclement weather occurs.
Thank you for your patience as construction continues. More information about alternate routes during Mercer Corridor construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.