Mercer Corridor Project:
- Mercer Street westbound lane closure and
- Taylor Avenue North closed at Mercer, Oct. 21-22
- Work on southbound Dexter and northbound Fifth Avenue North, Oct. 17-18
The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor Project area:
Oct. 21 and 22
Westbound lane restriction on Mercer Street from Dexter Avenue North to Fifth Avenue North;
Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed at Mercer Street
- Westbound Mercer Street will be restricted to one lane between Dexter Avenue North and Fifth Avenue from Oct. 21 at 5 a.m. through Oct. 22 at 5 a.m.
- Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed between Roy and Mercer streets as crews pave a portion of the roadway.
- Turns to and from Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue North will be prohibited.
- Travelers from Queen Anne should use Fifth Avenue North to access Mercer Street.
- Local access to businesses on Taylor Avenue North between Mercer and Roy streets will be maintained from Roy Street.
- Morning and evening travel times will be affected; please plan ahead and use alternate routes when possible.
Following this work, Taylor Avenue North will continue to be restricted to southbound travel only through October as crews complete additional roadway paving. Travelers headed for the Queen Anne neighborhood from westbound Mercer Street should use Fifth Avenue North.
Oct. 17 and 18
Northbound Fifth Avenue North restricted to one lane;
Dexter Avenue North restricted to one lane in each direction
- Northbound Fifth Avenue North will be restricted to one lane between Republican and Roy streets from Friday, Oct. 17, at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Oct. 18, at 8 a.m. for utility work.
- Dexter Avenue North will be restricted to one lane in each direction also between Roy and Mercer streets, also from Friday, Oct. 17, at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Oct. 18, at 8 a.m.
- Bicyclists on Dexter Avenue North will merge with vehicular traffic.
- Night work is anticipated to be noisy in the surrounding area.
- Call the 24-hour construction hotline at 206-419-5818 to ask questions or state concerns about noise.
Portions of SR 99 will be closed as part of the semiannual inspection of the Alaskan Way Viaduct Friday, Oct. 17 through Sunday, Oct. 19. More closure details are available on the project website: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/Viaduct/
More information about alternate routes during Mercer Corridor construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.