The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of nighttime lane restrictions on Dexter Avenue North beginning Sept. 15 and reminds travelers of lane restrictions on Mercer Street this weekend.
Dexter Avenue North lane closures Sept. 15-19
Beginning Sept. 15 and continuing through Sept. 19, southbound Dexter Avenue North will be restricted to one lane between Roy and Mercer streets from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. while crews complete underground utility work. One lane on southbound Dexter Avenue North will remain open at all times. Bicyclists will be required to merge with vehicular traffic.
Westbound lane closures on Mercer Street and full closure of Taylor Avenue North this weekend
Beginning tonight, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. through Monday, Sept. 15 at 5 a.m., westbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane between Dexter Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North to accommodate water main installations and paving. Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed to through traffic between Roy and Mercer streets for the duration of this work. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Turns to and from Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue N will be prohibited.
- Travelers from Queen Anne should use southbound Fifth Avenue N to access Mercer Street.
- Local access to businesses on Taylor Avenue N between Mercer Street and Roy Street will be maintained from Roy Street.
- One lane on westbound Mercer Street will remain open at all times.
Following the weekend work, Taylor Avenue North between Mercer and Roy streets will be restricted to southbound travel only for approximately three weeks as crews complete water line connections in the roadway. Travelers from westbound Mercer Street should use Fifth Avenue North to continue north to the Queen Anne neighborhood.
Eastbound Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North lane restrictions this weekend
Lane restrictions on eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North will begin tonight, Sept. 12 and continue through Saturday, Sept. 13 for paving activities. Travelers can expect the following impacts between 9 p.m. tonight and 5 p.m. Saturday:
- The right lane of eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North will be closed. One eastbound lane on Mercer Street will be open at all times.
- One southbound lane on Dexter Avenue North will be closed between Roy and Republican streets. Traffic on southbound Dexter Avenue North will be routed abound the closure.
- The intersection of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North will be controlled by a uniformed police officer.
- Please plan ahead and use alternate routes when possible.