The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor Project area:
Daytime lane restrictions on Fifth Avenue North begin today, Sept. 8
Beginning today, the outside lanes of northbound and southbound Fifth Avenue North will be closed to accommodate electrical and sidewalk improvements for approximately three weeks. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- One northbound and one southbound lane on Fifth Avenue North between Republican and Mercer streets will be closed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
- Northbound traffic on Fifth Avenue North will be able to turn right onto eastbound Mercer Street from the adjacent lane.
Lane restrictions on Mercer Street and closure of Taylor Avenue North, Sept. 12-15
Westbound Mercer Street will be reduced to one lane between Dexter Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North beginning the evening of Friday, Sept. 12 at 8 p.m. through Monday, Sept. 15 at 5 a.m., to accommodate water main installations on the north side of the roadway. Also, Taylor Avenue North will be fully closed between Roy and Mercer streets for the duration of this work. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Turns to and from Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue North will be prohibited.
- Travelers from Queen Anne should use southbound Fifth Avenue North to access Mercer Street.
- Local access to businesses on Taylor Avenue North between Mercer and Roy streets will be maintained from Roy Street.
- One lane on westbound Mercer Street will remain open at all times.
Following the weekend work, Taylor Avenue North will be restricted to southbound travel for approximately three weeks as crews complete water line connections in the roadway. Travelers from westbound Mercer Street should use Fifth Avenue North to continue north to the Queen Anne neighborhood.
Lane restrictions on Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North on Saturday, Sept. 13
Lane restrictions on eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North will occur Saturday, Sept. 13 for paving activities. Travelers can expect the following impacts between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.:
- The right lane of eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North will be closed. One eastbound lane on Mercer Street will be open at all times.
- The intersection of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North will be controlled by a uniformed police officer.
- One southbound lane on Dexter Avenue North will be closed between Roy and Republican streets. Southbound Dexter Avenue North traffic will be routed around the closure.
- Please plan ahead and use alternate routes when possible.
New crosswalk opens at Taylor Avenue North and Mercer Street in mid-September
Beginning in mid-September, a new crosswalk across Mercer Street at Taylor Avenue North will open to aid in pedestrian accessibility through the area. Please pay attention to detour signs and follow pedestrian routes accordingly.
Intermittent lane closures on Roy Street through fall of 2014
Roy Street between Fifth Avenue North and Queen Anne Avenue North will continue to have intermittent lane closures during off-peak travel times between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to accommodate construction activities within the work zone. Please pay attention to flaggers stationed in the roadway.
# # #