Fifth Avenue North and Mercer Street intersection work on Saturday, Aug. 16
SDOT crews will be working at the intersection of Fifth Avenue North and Mercer Street on Saturday, August 16 from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. to remove temporary signal heads and span wires across the intersection. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- One lane on Fifth Avenue North in each direction will be restricted through the intersection as crews complete span wire removal.
- Left turns from westbound Mercer Street will be intermittently restricted.
Nighttime lane restrictions on westbound Mercer Street between Dexter Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North, and closure of Taylor Avenue North at Mercer Street, Aug. 18-21
Beginning Monday, Aug. 18 through Thursday, Aug. 21, Mercer Street between Dexter Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North will be reduced to one westbound lane nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for water main installation. Taylor Avenue North will also be closed at Mercer Street from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for this work. During the day Taylor will be covered with steel plates and reopened.
Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- Turns from Mercer Street onto Taylor will be prohibited during nighttime work, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Turns from southbound Taylor onto Mercer Street will also be prohibited.
- Local traffic and pedestrians, including vehicles entering and exiting the QFC parking garage, will have access to and from Taylor from Roy Street.
Nighttime lane restrictions on Mercer and Roy streets between Fourth Avenue North and Third Avenue West for roadway striping Aug. 18 and 19
On the evenings of Aug. 18 and 19, Mercer and Roy streets between Fourth Avenue North and Third Avenue West will have intermittent lane closures both eastbound and westbound from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. to accommodate roadway striping. Travelers can expect the following impacts:
- One westbound and one eastbound lane on Mercer and Roy streets will remain open at all times.
- Parking adjacent to the work zone will be restricted.
- Vehicles will be detoured around the work.
- Local access to businesses and properties will be maintained at all times.
- Bicyclists on Roy Street will need to merge with traffic around the closure.
- Uniformed police officers will be stationed at work zones to direct traffic.
Nighttime lane restrictions on eastbound Mercer Street on Aug. 20; New Mercer Street configuration to begin Aug. 21
Eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Eight Avenue North will be restricted to one lane the evening of Wednesday, Aug. 20 to accommodate roadway striping. Beginning the morning of Thursday, Aug. 21, drivers will experience a slight change in their morning commute when traveling on Mercer Street: traffic will be shifted south onto a temporary roadway between SR 99 and Eighth Avenue North so that crews may begin work in the intersection of Mercer Street and Dexter Avenue North. Travelers can expect the following conditions:
- Travel lanes shifted to the south of the existing intersection at Mercer Street and Dexter
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction (same as the current configuration)
- Pedestrian access along the south side of the roadway maintained
Dexter Avenue North vehicle and bicycle lane restrictions postponed until further notice
The previously announced vehicle and bicycle lane restrictions on Dexter Avenue North originally scheduled to begin the week of Aug. 18 have been postponed until further notice.
Pedestrian changes along Fifth Avenue North postponed until further notice
The previously announced pedestrian route changes along Fifth Avenue North originally scheduled to occur Wednesday, Aug. 13 have been postponed until further notice. Pedestrians should continue to use current routes along Fifth Avenue North.
More information about pedestrian detours may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.