The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor Project Area the week of Aug. 11-15:
Northbound SR 99 lane closed Monday, Aug. 11
- The northbound right lane of SR 99 between Mercer and Valley streets will be closed on Monday, Aug. 11 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. as crews complete concrete pours. One northbound lane will remain open at all times.
Intermittent closure of the southbound right lane on Fifth Avenue North through Aug. 12
- The right southbound lane on Fifth Avenue North between Mercer and Republican streets will be closed daily between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. through Aug. 12 for sidewalk work. One southbound lane will remain open at all times.
- The center lane of westbound Mercer Street between Taylor Avenue North and Fifth Avenue North will also be closed. One left turn lane and one through lane will remain open at all times.
Daytime lane closures on Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North Aug. 11-15
- From Monday, Aug. 11 to Friday, Aug. 15, the right lanes of eastbound and westbound Mercer Street will be closed between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. daily as crews work on underground utilities and pour concrete. One lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
Pedestrian changes along Fifth Avenue North at Mercer and Republican streets begin Aug. 13
- The southeast corner of Fifth Avenue North and Mercer Street will be closed. Pedestrians traveling westbound on Mercer Street from Dexter will be detoured across Mercer using a new crosswalk at Taylor Avenue North and may cross Fifth on the north side of Mercer Street to continue west.
- The southeast corner of Fifth Avenue North and Republican Street will also be closed and pedestrians will be detoured to the west side of Fifth to reach Mercer Street.
More information about pedestrian detours may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.