King County Wastewater Treatment Division
Notice of work – lane closure and night work
Beginning next week, King County will do repair work inside a below-ground vault located along West Commodore Way, about a quarter mile east of Commodore Park and the Ballard Locks. At this location, a 12-foot diameter sewer line enters the vault from the east; here it splits into two sewer lines which both flow west to the County’s West Point Treatment Plant in Discovery Park.
The County has found debris in the structure which poses a threat to the West Point Treatment Plant located downstream. Also, the debris needs to be removed ahead of work planned for this summer to repair corrosion damage within the structure.
• Large concrete lids in the street will be removed; debris from the vault will be removed.
• The lids will be replaced; temporary plating or pavement will be used to cover the vault until more extensive repairs inside the vault are done later this summer.
• One early morning work shift is planned; the rest of the work will be done between 7 a.m and 4 p.m.
• Nearby neighbors may hear noise during the work and notice odors from the open vault.
• During the work, one lane of traffic along West Commodore will be closed off. There will be signs and barriers at the work location.
• The project is expected to take 2-4 days to complete.
If you have any questions about the work, contact: David Freed at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-263-945