The Seattle Department of Transportation advises travelers of the following activities within the Mercer Corridor Project area:
Closure of northbound Dexter Avenue N between Roy and Valley streets
On Saturday, March 15, between the hours of 4 a.m. and 6 p.m., northbound Dexter Avenue N between Roy and Valley streets will be fully closed to accommodate utility work beneath the roadway. During the closure:
- Northbound Dexter Avenue N will be fully closed to traffic between Roy and Valley streets. Travelers heading north toward Fremont should use Ninth Avenue N or Westlake Avenue N.
- Southbound Dexter Avenue N will be restricted to one lane between Valley and Mercer streets.
- Uniformed police officers will be stationed throughout the work zone to facilitate traffic flow.
Early warning signs will be available in advance of Dexter Avenue N detours. Travelers can expect delays and should plan ahead and use alternate routes.
Daytime lane restrictions on eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N
On Saturday, March 15, between the hours of 4 a.m. and 6 p.m., eastbound Mercer Street will be restricted to one lane between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N to accommodate utility work beneath the roadway. During the closure:
- One eastbound lane on Mercer Street will remain open at all times.
- Travelers heading east from Fifth Avenue N should take Harrison Street to eastbound Broad Street to reconnect with Mercer Street at Ninth Avenue N as an alternate route.
More information about alternate routes during construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
Contact: Rick Sheridan, 206.684.8114