The Seattle Department of Transportation reminds travelers of the full weekend closure of eastbound Mercer Street and southbound Fifth Avenue North occurring this Saturday, Feb.15 to Monday, Feb. 17. The closures will begin at 4 a.m. on Saturday and lanes will reopen by Monday at 5 a.m. while crews work on utilities beneath the roadway.
During the closure:
- Eastbound Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North. Travelers heading east from Fifth Avenue North should take Harrison Street to eastbound Broad Street to reconnect with Mercer Street at Ninth Avenue North.
- Southbound Fifth Avenue North will be fully closed to traffic between Roy and Mercer streets. Travelers heading south on Fifth Avenue North will be detoured to westbound Roy Street and Fourth Avenue North in order to reconnect with Fifth Avenue North via eastbound Mercer Street.
- Fifth Avenue North will have lane restrictions between Mercer and Harrison streets. One southbound lane and one northbound lane on Fifth Avenue North will be restricted.
- Travelers heading toward I-5 or downtown from Queen Anne should use Queen Anne Avenue North
- The sidewalk on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter Avenue North will be closed. Pedestrians will be detoured to Broad Street.
- Mercer Street between I-5 and Broad Street, Broad Street, Dexter Avenue North, SR 99 and the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will remain open during the weekend work.
Early warning signs will be available in advance of Mercer Street and Fifth Avenue North detours. Travelers can expect significant traffic and delays and should plan ahead and use alternate routes. More information about alternate routes during construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.