Starting this week and working through March 5, the Seattle Department of Transportation will be restoring the sidewalks on the north and south side of Madison Street between Boylston Avenue and Broadway. This work, which comes at the request of the First Hill Neighborhood, requires lane reductions, pedestrian detours, an alley closure and parking restrictions under the following conditions:
- The work is being scheduled in phases in order to maintain pedestrian access to businesses.
- One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction on Madison.
- Traffic lane restrictions will be in place only during weekday work hours which are typically 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Pedestrian detours will be in place 24 hours a day while the sidewalk is under construction.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained to all businesses.
This work is weather dependent which may cause a delay in its completion.
Contct: Marybeth Turner, 206.6848548