The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of the full weekend closure of eastbound Mercer Street and southbound Fifth Avenue N occurring this Saturday, February 15 to Monday, February 17.
Beginning the morning of Saturday, February 15 at 4 a.m. through Monday, February 17 at 5 a.m., eastbound Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N and southbound Fifth Avenue N between Roy and Mercer streets will be fully closed to traffic for utility work beneath the roadway. During the closure:
- Eastbound Mercer Street will be fully closed to traffic between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N. Travelers heading east from Fifth Avenue N should take Harrison Street to eastbound Broad Street to reconnect with Mercer Street at Ninth Avenue N.
- Southbound Fifth Avenue N will be fully closed to traffic between Roy and Mercer streets. Travelers heading south on Fifth Avenue N will be detoured to westbound Roy Street and Fourth Avenue N in order to reconnect with Fifth Avenue N via eastbound Mercer Street.
- Fifth Avenue N will have lane restrictions between Mercer and Harrison streets. One southbound lane and one northbound lane on Fifth Avenue N will be restricted.
- Travelers heading toward I-5 or downtown from Queen Anne should use Queen Anne Avenue N.
- The sidewalk on the north side of Mercer Street between Fifth Avenue N and Dexter Avenue N will be closed. Pedestrians will be detoured to Broad Street.
- Mercer Street between I-5 and Broad Street, Broad Street, Dexter Avenue N, SR 99 and the I-5 on- and off-ramps at Mercer Street will remain open during the weekend work.
Early warning signs will be available in advance of Mercer Street and Fifth Avenue N detours. Travelers can expect significant traffic and delays and should plan ahead and use alternate routes.
More information about alternate routes during construction may be found at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.
Contact: Peg Nielsen, 206.684.8114