Night work in 12th Ave NE in Roosevelt
Starting Monday, Feb. 3, Sound Transit’s contractor will begin installing a 42 inch diameter water main under 12th Ave NE, between NE 65th and NE 67th streets.
Because work will take up much of the street and to reduce the exposure of pedestrians to major construction, most of the work will be done at night. The contractor obtained a temporary nighttime construction variance from the City of Seattle to do this work.
- Night work is planned Feb. 3 to March 31.
- Work hours are 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., Monday through Friday
- The noisiest work like concrete sawing will take place during the day. The pavement will be restored in April during daytime work hours.
How will this affect traffic?
- From 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., one traffic lane will be open on 12th Ave NE.
- Both traffic lanes will be open from 5 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Bicycles will need to merge with traffic on 12th Ave NE during this work.
Please contact Sound Transit for more details about construction at 206-398-5300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.