The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) advises travelers of the following activities in the Mercer Corridor Project area:
Daytime lane restrictions on West Mercer Street at Fifth Avenue West on Monday, Dec. 16
On Monday, Dec. 16, the westbound lane of West Mercer Street will be restricted between Fifth Avenue West and Fourth Avenue West to accommodate pavement sawcutting. A uniformed police officer will be present to keep traffic moving through the area. Work will occur during the day between approximately 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Temporary daytime lane restrictions on Westlake Avenue North and Ninth Avenue North as early as Monday, Dec. 16
The far right lanes of southbound Westlake Avenue North and southbound Ninth Avenue North will be restricted to accommodate sidewalk repair and installation as early as Monday, Dec. 16, for approximately two days. During this work, travelers can expect:
- Daytime work hours between approximately 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Daytime closures of the right lane of southbound Westlake Avenue North between Eighth Avenue North and Aloha Street.
- Daytime closures of the far right lane of Ninth Avenue North between Aloha and Roy streets.
- Restricted pedestrian routes along the west side of Westlake Avenue North between Eighth Avenue North and Aloha Street. Access to local businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Pedestrian access along the west side of Ninth Avenue North between Aloha and Roy streets maintained at all times.
Please note this work is weather dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather.