Some 10,000 + fans are expected to attend the Macklemore and Ryan Lewis concerts the next three nights – tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday night – at the Key Arena, located on the west side of the Seattle Center. The concerts begin at 8 p.m. and end at 11 p.m.
The Seattle Department of Transportation reminds the concert-goers that each night between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., eastbound Mercer will be reduced to one lane between Fourth and Fifth avenues, and all traffic will be required to turn right onto Fifth Avenue N. As part of the West Phase of the Mercer Corridor Project crews are installing a storm water detention system under the roadway. To accommodate the work, the following restrictions will be in place:
• Eastbound traffic on Mercer Street will be required to turn right on Fifth Avenue North and re-connect to eastbound Mercer Street via Harrison and eastbound Broad streets.
• Northbound Fifth Avenue N will remain open but may be quite congested adjacent to the Seattle Center.
• Southbound Fifth Avenue N traffic will be required to turn left onto eastbound Mercer Street after the concert.
• Mercer Street east of Fifth Avenue N will remain open to traffic.
• Westbound Mercer, Broad Street and the I-5 Mercer ramps remain open.
Concertgoers are encouraged to avoid Mercer Street after the show. Head south to Denny Way on Fifth Avenue N, Second Avenue N or Queen Anne Ave N and take Second Avenue or Fifth Avenue toward downtown Seattle to access I-5, I-90 and SR 99.
The following links provide maps of the 3 Seattle Center garages:
Contact: Peg Nielsen, 206-684-8114