JCM Northlink LLC, Sound Transit’s excavation and tunneling contractor, will start work in NE 65th St on Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013.
JCM will be stabilizing the ground to prepare for the launch of the tunneling boring machines from the Roosevelt Station site.
This work will take about 3 months. Please note that underground utility work in 2014 will also affect NE 65th St. Sound Transit will notify the public as those plans are finalized.
How will this affect traffic?
- North half of NE 65th Street will be closed west of 12th Ave NE for about half a block.
- One lane of traffic will remain open on NE 65th St in both directions.
- Eastbound on NE 65th St: no left turn onto 12th Ave NE. Detour to NE 64th St to access north-bound 12th Ave NE.
How will this affect my bus stop?
- King County Metro bus stops on NE 65th St just east of 12th Ave NE will move temporarily farther east down the block. This affects the eastbound and westbound stops.
How will this affect parking?
- Street parking will be closed on NE 65th St in the immediate vicinity of work.
How will this affect sidewalks?
- Sidewalk will be closed on north side of NE 65th St adjacent to Sound Transit’s construction site.
- Crosswalk on east side of the intersection of NE 65th St and 12th Ave NE will be closed intermittently.
Stay SAFE and SOUND around light rail construction
Take the time to cross safely. It could save your life… or change it forever. Be safe, don’t take chances!
Construction activities will include:
- Installing ground movement monitors
- Protecting underground utilities
- Pumping columns of grout below ground to stiffen and stabilize the soil.
For more information about light rail construction in Roosevelt, please call 206-398-5300 or email email@example.com. For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit’s 24-hour Construction Hotline at (888) 298-2395.
Northgate Link Extension is a key part of the Sound Transit’s regional mass transit system approved by voters in 2008. The 4.3-mile light rail extension includes stations in the University District, Roosevelt, and Northgate neighborhoods.