The intersection of 12th Avenue South and South Jackson Street will be partially closed to traffic in the Little Saigon Neighborhood starting at 5 a.m. on Saturday, November 2 and continuing until 10 p.m. on Sunday, November 3. This closure is required for First Hill Streetcar track construction. South Jackson Street will remain open to east- and westbound traffic. Northbound and southbound traffic on 12th Avenue South will be required to turn right at South Jackson Street.
The following detours will be provided:
Northbound through traffic on 12th Avenue South will be directed:
- East on South Jackson Street to Boren Avenue South
- Northwest on Boren Avenue South to return to 12th Avenue South
Southbound through traffic on 12th Avenue South will be directed:
- Southeast on Boren Avenue South to Rainier Avenue South
- South on Rainier Avenue South to South College Street
- West on South College Street to 15th Avenue South
- North on 15th Avenue South to return to 12th Avenue South
To view a map of the detour route, please visit the project’s website.
When complete, the First Hill Streetcar Line will have ten stations along a two and one-half mile route from South Jackson Street and Occidental Avenue South to Broadway and Denny Way. The City of Seattle is developing the First Hill Streetcar in partnership with Sound Transit, with funding provided through the 2008 voter approved Sound Transit 2 (ST2) transit expansion plan. Completion is planned for mid- 2014. For further information, visit the project website at: http://www.seattlestreetcar.org.
Contact: Peg Nielsen, (206)684-8114