East Pike Street will be closed to traffic at Broadway in the Capitol Hill Neighborhood on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. This closure is required for roadway restoration associated with the First Hill Streetcar project. Broadway will remain open to north- and southbound traffic. Westbound traffic on East Pike Street will be required to turn right on 12th Avenue except for local access traffic (vehicles with destinations between 12th Avenue and Broadway). Eastbound traffic will be required to turn right or left at Broadway,
The following detours will be provided:
- Eastbound traffic on East Pike Street will be directed:
- North on Broadway to East Pine Street;
- East on East Pine Street to 12th Avenue;
- South on 12th Avenue to return to East Pike Street.
Westbound traffic on East Pike Street will be directed:
- North on 12th Avenue to East Pine Street;
- West on East Pine Street to Broadway;
- South on Broadway to return to East Pike Street.
When complete, the First Hill Streetcar Line will have ten stations along a two and one-half mile route from South Jackson Street and Occidental Avenue South to Broadway and Denny Way. The City of Seattle is developing the First Hill Streetcar in partnership with Sound Transit, with funding provided through the 2008 voter approved Sound Transit 2 (ST2) transit expansion plan. Completion is planned for mid- 2014. For further information, visit the project website at http://www.seattlestreetcar.org.