The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) reminds travelers of the full re-opening of Westlake Avenue N to two-way traffic on Tuesday, September 3. The re-opening of Westlake Avenue N marks the transition to roadway restoration work at the intersection of Ninth Avenue N and Broad Street.
Westlake Avenue N fully open to two-way traffic beginning Tuesday, September 3
Westlake Avenue N will re-open to two-way traffic between Mercer and Aloha streets at 9 a.m. the morning of Tuesday, September 3, following the Labor Day holiday weekend. Travelers can expect:
- One southbound lane and two northbound lanes on Westlake Avenue N between Aloha and Valley streets.
- Three southbound lanes and two northbound lanes on Westlake Avenue N between Valley and Mercer streets.
- Uniformed police officers will be onsite at the intersection of Westlake Avenue N and Mercer Street during morning and evening peak commute times on September 3 to monitor and assist with traffic flow.
Ninth Avenue N fully closed north of Mercer Street beginning Tuesday, September 3
Ninth Avenue N will be fully closed to through traffic between Aloha and Mercer streets beginning at 9 a.m. the morning of Tuesday, September 3, to accommodate restoration work at the intersection of Ninth Avenue N and Broad Street.
- Traffic heading south on Westlake Avenue N should continue to Republican Street in order to access Ninth Avenue N south of Mercer Street.
- Traffic heading north on Ninth Avenue N should turn right at Mercer Street in order to continue north on Westlake Avenue N.
- Local access to businesses on Ninth Avenue N will be maintained via Westlake Avenue N at Aloha Street.
Work at the intersections of Ninth Avenue N and Broad Street is anticipated to last through late September. Please note this work is dependent on weather and subject to cancelation.
Detour information available for Stage 4 construction
Detour maps illustrating restrictions on Ninth Avenue N are available online for vehicles and pedestrians at: http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/mercercorridor.htm.